Sunday, January 20, 2008

SURPRISE !!!

Last weekend Nader decided to treat me to a weekend birthday getaway. We left the girls with the grandparents and took off to San Diego. We started our little vacation in Hillcrest where we found the most amazing french bakery. After we enjoyed some of their delightful pastries we strolled around Hillcrest taking in the sites and enjoying some quiet time together. Now as it turns out my cousin's wife, Lena, works for the Hyatt and reserved us the most amazing corner suite.

Here's the view from our room. In the distance you can see an aircraft carrier that has been converted into a museum. Also note the beautiful clear blue skies. It felt like Summer in the day time.



Another stunning view from our room.



At sunset we walked around Seaport Village which was directly behind the hotel we were staying in.



Now here's the fun part. Nader made reservations at Aqua Al 2 for what I thought was a romantic evening for two. But to my surprise, the hostess led us to a table full of friends. No wonder Nader was not hip to my suggestion to have dinner earlier that evening. Nader...you sneaky devil. We sat and had a proper Italian dinner that lasted for nearly four hours. The food was great and the company was even better. From left to right: Matt and Alyssa, Sayola and Scott, John and Mille, and lastly Nader and Rima.

Afterwards we went for a nightcap at the hotel bar on top of the Hyatt. Here's a great shot of Sayola and I. Believe it or not folks Nader and I stayed up until nearly 1 a.m. that night. I know, I know...we're a bunch of party animals.

I almost forgot to mention that my cousin hooked up a room for our friends too ! Another great surprise. So the next morning we all had breakfast together then took a walk in the warm sun around Seaport Village. Here's another group shot.

All in all we had a marvelous time and afterwards hurried home to see our little monkeys who were missed.


3 comments:

Danna said...

Oohh, how fun! All the pictues make me homesick! My Dad loves to go to the Midway (the air craft carrier), and I use to go to sea port village all the time, I eben spent some time there on senior ditch day in high school! :)
Glad to hear you had so much fun! Happy Birthday - still, you are having a long birthday celebration!

Rima Bo-Bima said...

It's pretty funny. I guess I'm milking to whole birthday thing. You are only 35 once !! Let me know the next time you plan on visiting California. Barring a fire or some other natural disaster, we would love to hang out with your family.

Mary Myers said...

so sweet of Nader! is he available to plan my birthday... :)